Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Road to Tenby - mk II



It seems inevitable that I will be racing at Ironman Wales for the second time this September. I've not quite made the financial commitment, but I've certainly made the emotional commitment.

I've got unfinished business in Pembroke, as I had a slight hamstring tear the last time I did this race. This obviously had a detrimental effect on my bike time.

Once again I'll be using the Fink book, Be Iron Fit. But this time I'll be going with the intermediate plan for swimming and running and the competitive plan for the bike.


If I took nothing else from the last time I raced in Pembrokeshire, is that the bike is brutal and the better you are on the bike, the more you'll have left for that tough hilly run. This means I'll be focusing on getting my bike legs up to speed.

So, lets see what the next 30 weeks has in store, one thing is for certain the weather is going to get better.



No comments:

Post a Comment