Monday 4 March 2013

Week 3



With the victory of Sunday's cup final behind me it was time to continue with my training and focus on my goals and aspirations

Monday's rest day involved driving back from London, so that worked out quite well.

Tuesday's swim set was a 2,500m time trial; I wasn't looking forward to this as it can be quite tedious. However the session wasn't too bad and was completed in a time of 53:16 which I was pleasantly pleased with. Tuesday's run had to compete with the Swansea City victory parade as well as James's rugby training so it ended up being a late one


Wednesday's 30/15 brick session was done in the gym again, and followed up with a strength and core session.

Damn! The pool was cold this morning, a fault in the system meant  the water level was dropped and the temperature was down a couple of degrees. And boy did  I feel it. The main set was 12 x 100m.

The 45 minute spin out on the turbo was very enjoyable.



Happy St David's Day! I took Friday's 60 minute run outside, much more enjoyable than being on the treadmill.

Another busy Saturday meant I had to get up early (for me). Up and on the turbo by 7 o'clock to ensure I was done and dusted before taking Thomas to play football and then off to watch the Swans. I'm really hoping that I can get out on my bike next week

Sunday's run was a brisk 60 minute run, 11.5km meant this was a decent pace for me, especially with 109m of climbing.


This was the first run where I felt it, even on the flat, pretty sure this is the effect of a tough weeks training

On Sunday, the news filtered through to me of the tragic death of the young cyclist Junior Heffman, who died whilst competing in the Severn Bridge Road Race. I would like to take this opportunity  to pass on my condolences to the friends and family of Junior at this difficult time.




A summary of my training is shown below

Summary of Week 3
Activity Actual Time Planned Time Variance +/- Percentage
Swim 2:00 2:00 +0:00 23%
Bike 3:00 3:00 +0.00 34%
Run 3:02 3:00 +0:02 35%
Other 0:43 0:45 -0:02 8%
Total 8:45 8:45 +0:00

Still got all the sessions ticked off, but definitely a tougher week

Cumulative Summary
Activity Actual Time Planned Time Variance +/- Percentage
Swim 6:26 6:00 +0:26 26%
Bike 7:31 7:30 +0.01 30%
Run 7:36 7:30 +0:06 30%
Other 3:34 2:15 +1:19 14%
Total 25:07 23:15 +1:52

After only 3 weeks in, I'm already feeling that I'm making some gains.




2 comments:

  1. Looking good matey!

    Lets arrange a cycle down Pembrokeshire soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sir, is definately on. I just need to get to the end of the season for the boys and I should be clear

      Delete