Monday 25 March 2013

Week 6


Didn't feel like the rest day was necessary this week, but took it none the less - as it is a vital part of the training cycle (and when I say cycle I don't mean the metal thing with two wheels).

Tuesday's swim was ticked off with a main set of 12 x 100m. This was followed by a great run in the evening, 11.6km of Z2 running in 60 minutes.

Wednesday morning was a quick row followed by a weights and core session.

I've had to switch around the some of the sessions to make sure I can work around Ang's work schedule. This now means that Wednesday evening is a Z1 spin out on the turbo, I spent a very enjoyable hour watching Japan on DVD



I felt sluggish at the start of Thursday's swim session, but slight change to my technique had me flying along with no additional effort required. That goes down as a good swim session. The main set was 4 x 125m, 4 x 175m, 4 x 125m

I was sweating like a good un on the turbo for the brick session, and then followed that with a good run off the bike. This was the first proper run off the bike this year and I felt I had plenty in my legs.



The weather made me glad this was only a 15 minutes run.

I took a look a the weather on Friday morning and said 'bugger that for a game of soldiers', and did my 60 minute run on the treadmill; tedious, but at least I was warm and dry.

Saturday was my birthday, and what better way to spend it than racing a duathlon. I tell you what, there's loads of better ways. Especially as it was so very cold. I'll do a race report soon with more details; but in summary I was happy with the running but I need to work on the bike if I hope to hit my targets for Tenby.




But I finished with a smile on my face, and enough energy to act like a fool.

As the plan for this week didn't include a race, I had to finish off the week with an hour on the turbo.

Summary of Week 6
Activity Actual Time Planned Time Variance +/- Percentage
Swim 2:19 2:00 +0:19 22%
Bike 3:59 3:45 +0.14 38%
Run 3:00 3:15 -0:15 29%
Other 1:03 0:45 +0:18 10%
Total 10:21 9:45 +0:36

A bit mixed up, with a race to boot, but all ticked off again.

Cumulative Summary
Activity Actual Time Planned Time Variance +/- Percentage
Swim 13:05 12:00 +1:05 25%
Bike 17:07 16:45 +0.22 33%
Run 16:00 16:15 -0:15 31%
Other 5:58 4:30 +1:28 11%
Total 52:10 49:30 +2:40

Still making gains on my running, I just hope (need) that my bike follows suit



4 comments:

  1. So, the multi-mention of the need to be more Spartacus like, means we is deffo riding out this weekend.
    Tidy week there, and it must be good to have a race under your (race) belt already.....
    #iaatb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what I need to do, Saturday looking a little better now

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter how I look at that brick run route - it looks like a bum ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that Lynne, it was worth the wait :)

    ReplyDelete