Monday 6 May 2013

Week 12



Monday's recovery day was a necessary rest for my calf, it was very tight when I got up in the morning and needed strapping for the rest of the day

Another satisfying swim session on Tuesday morning. The main set was 200m, 300m, 400m, 500m. My feel for the water continues to gather momentum. It'll be interesting to see how Friday's 3,000m time trial goes.

As this is a recovery week, the run on Tuesday evening was only 45 minutes. so I managed to squeeze this in whilst James was at rugby training. Ran up and down the cycle path, and also included a 5 minute Z4 burst. I found out when I got home that I must have tasty skin as I had been bitten to high heaven on all exposed parts.

Wednesday morning means gym work, I didn't feel the love for it this morning.

Woo hoo! There's exciting as goodies turned up this morning, it my new Compressport calf guards. And anybody who says that my legs are so skinny that I need to use arm warmers on my legs is just being mean.


Hopefully they will help sort out my calf issues. And they're bound to look better than the tube grip bandages I've been using in the meantime.

Sweating like a good un in the warmth of the conservatory whist on the turbo. The 5 minutes of Z4 making it even more so.

Back in the pool for Thursday morning's swim set, the main set being 7 x 125m and 7 x 75m.

Really enjoyed the brick session on Thursday evening, I'm not sure I should be using the word enjoy when it comes to being on the turbo and then some hilly running. 

Friday's swim set was a 3,000m time trial; it was quite boring but with a time of 1:01:49, I was very pleased with the progress being made.

After 12 weeks and 134 training sessions, on Friday night I missed my first workout. 

Woke up on Saturday morning to wind and rain, so I decided to do my long bike session on the turbo. Much to my disappointment within 30 minutes the sun was out and had regretted the decision. I'd also woken up with a soreness to my lower shin and a tightness in my groin, this didn't affect the turbo session but I was not comfortable running so I left out the brick run.

I felt out of sorts when I woke up on Sunday, so I decided to give my long run a miss. Following a family lunch I really wasn't with it and by 6pm I was in bed, feeling sorry for myself. I spent the next 14 hours in bed sweating like I was on the turbo


Summary of Week 12
Activity Actual Time Planned Time Variance +/- Percentage
Swim 3:30 3:00 +0:30 36%
Bike 4:15 4:45 -0.30 44%
Run 1:00 3:15 -2:15 10%
Other 0:54 0:45 +0:09 9%
Total 9:39 11:45 -2:06

Disappointed to have missed my first planned sessions, but needs must as I need to recover and get well.


Cumulative Summary
Activity Actual Time Planned Time Variance +/- Percentage
Swim 28:45 26:00 +2:45 23%
Bike 44:29 44:00 +0.29 36%
Run 35:31 37:45 -2:13 31%
Other 12:25 9:00 +3:25 10%
Total 121:10 116:45 +4:25

Despite being behind on my running plan I'm determined not to chase the numbers down and risk overtraining and becoming injured 


No comments:

Post a Comment